In these Terms, 'us', 'we' and 'our' means PLMA Australia / New Zealand.
1. Website Terms and Conditions
You must be a registered member to access certain features of our website.
When you register and activate your account, we will provide you with a user name and password. You are responsible for keeping this user name and password secure and are responsible for all use and activity carried out under this user name.
To create an account, you must be:
- at least 18 years of age;
- possess the legal right and ability to enter into a legally binding agreement with us; and
- agree and warrant to use the website in accordance with these Terms.
We may disclose that information to third parties that help us deliver our services (including information technology suppliers, communication suppliers and our business partners) or as required by law. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide all of our services to you. We may also disclose your personal information, as deemed reasonable, to recipients that are located outside of Australia, including to industry bodies, research organisations, trade show and event convenors and any other groups who assist in the delivery of services for PLMA.
Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of information
The information on our website is not comprehensive and is intended to provide a summary of the subject matter covered. While we use all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information on our website, to the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, we make no warranty regarding the information on this website. You should monitor any changes to the information contained on this website.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from our website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
We may, from time to time and without notice, change or add to the website (including the Terms) or the information, products or services described in it. However, we do not undertake to keep the website updated. We are not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on the website or if that information is not up-to-date.
Promotions and competitions
For certain campaigns, promotions or contests, additional terms and conditions may apply. If you want to participate in such a campaign, promotion or contest, you need to agree to the relevant terms and conditions applicable to that campaign, promotion or contest. In case of any inconsistency between such terms and conditions and these terms, the specific terms and conditions relating to the campaign, promotion or contest will prevail.
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not responsible for the content on those linked websites and have no control over or rights in those linked websites.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this website (Content).
Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However we do grant you a licence to access the website and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
All other use, copying or reproduction of this website, the Content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by law.
You must not do any act that we would deem to be inappropriate, is unlawful or is prohibited by any laws applicable to our website, including but not limited to:
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual's consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- using this website to defame or libel us, our employees or other individuals;
- uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to our property or the property of other individuals;
- posting or transmitting to this website any non-authorised material including, but not limited to, material that is, in our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of our systems or a third party's systems or network security;
- facilitate illegal ticket sales or use the website to resell tickets of any kind, including by way of unauthorised framing or links to other sites for the purpose of reselling;
- hack into the website or utilise automated means to process or place ticket orders including the use of robots, spiders or other devices to process ticket sales.
If we allow you to post any information to our website, we have the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
Warranties and disclaimers
To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, we make no warranties or representations about this website or the Content, including but not limited to warranties or representations that they will be complete, accurate or up-to-date, that access will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that this website will be secure.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this website, any Content, or any feature of this website at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, in no event shall we be liable for any direct and indirect loss, damage or expense – irrespective of the manner in which it occurs – which may be suffered due to your use of our website and/or the information or materials contained on it, or as a result of the inaccessibility of this website and/or the fact that certain information or materials contained on it are incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date.
2. Ticket Sales and Event Attendance Terms and Conditions
We sell and distribute tickets to our relevant networking and educational events on this website.
Please read these ticket and event terms and conditions (Event Terms) carefully before purchasing a ticket. By purchasing a ticket from us, you agree to be bound by these Event Terms which form part of the Terms. There may be additional terms and conditions imposed by an event organiser or venue operator in respect of an event for which you purchase tickets. It is your responsibility to review those terms prior to the purchase of tickets.
These Event Terms apply to both the sale of tickets and attendance at events. These Event Terms apply to both the original purchaser and any subsequent ticketholders (you).
Variation to Terms and Conditions
We may vary these Event Terms at any time by updating them on this website. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Event Terms have been updated.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
- We will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by us (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. We do not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), we will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of a cancellation, reschedule or relocation of an event, however the responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled, rescheduled or relocated is yours. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of a cancellation, reschedule or relocation before the date of the event.
- We will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. We may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets.
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
Variations to events
We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute speakers and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
Conditions of entry
Admission to an event is subject to the following terms:
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where we have reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Event Terms, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
- You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones).
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
- You grant permission to us to utilise your image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the event (regardless of whether before, during or after the event) in any medium or context without further authorisation or compensation.
- Your name and your employer’s name may be made available to other attendees prior to and post event. Your contact information will remain confidential. Only your name and your employer’s name may be released by us to other attendees prior to or post event.
Authenticity and validity of tickets
Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from us.
Resale of tickets & scalping
Tickets may not, without our prior written consent, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder may be refused admission. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
Collection and delivery of tickets
You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, we may change your delivery method to "venue collect" at its discretion. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
All credit card purchases are processed through our secure online payment system. Tickets purchased on the website are subject to a non-refundable per order booking fee which may, at our discretion, either be identified separately to you or included in the ticket price. In some cases, delivery prices and credit card surcharges will also be clearly identified and charged. Unless otherwise stated, charges referred to for any tickets supplied via the website are stated inclusive of GST. A tax invoice will be provided to you upon completing your purchase of tickets. All prices are stated in Australian dollars. In the event of a cancellation, the ticket price will be refunded on to the credit card you used to purchase the relevant tickets. To the extent permitted by law, any booking fees paid by you will not be refunded.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by us at our discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
While we take all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. We may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error we will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
If an error on your behalf results in us reprocessing the ticket transaction at your request, we may charge to you the actual costs incurred in reprocessing the ticket transaction, including any chargeback or postage fees charged to us by a third party.
3. Membership Terms and Conditions
PLMA memberships can be purchased via this website.
Please read these membership terms and conditions (Membership Terms) carefully before purchasing a membership. By purchasing a membership from us, you agree to be bound by these Membership Terms.
Upon receipt of your membership fees in full, membership to PLMA entitles you to the member benefits published on our website (as amended from time to time) for a minimum 12 month period.
Membership to PLMA requires you to:
- Update your contact details when they change so that we can keep in touch and deliver membership benefits.
- Pay all membership fees in full prior to the expiry of your then current membership term.
Transfer of membership
Your membership is specific to your business/organisation and is non-transferable.
Termination of membership
You may terminate your membership at any time by providing us with not less than 30 days written notice to PO Box 2256 Werribee VIC 3030 or email@example.com. If you terminate your membership prior to its expiry you are not entitled to a refund in part or in full of your membership fees.
We may immediately terminate your membership if you:
- You have not paid your annual membership fee within 30 days of the expiry of your previous membership term.
- You breach the Terms or the Rules.
Change to membership terms
We have the right to change the Membership Terms at any time and for any reason by providing you with not less than 30 days prior written notice of the change.
Australian Consumer Law
In Australia, our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. Nothing in these terms purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the Australian competition and consumer act and other laws. Any and all other warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed by the Australian consumer law or the competition and consumer regulation 2010 are expressly excluded where permitted, including liability for incidental or consequential damages caused by breach of any express or implied warranty or condition.
Jurisdiction and governing law
Your use of the website and these Terms are governed by the law of New South Wales and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in New South Wales.